No, you are correct: there is not yet any company that has complied with ISO9001 standard for social media and blogging; however, at upLog.org, we are beginning the process of creating one: here are some standards we believe in for 2012:
- Every business or professional, or individual talent, or anyone else with a reputation that feeds them needs to have a social presence.
- This should consist of, and should originate from, an automated website, what some would call a blog, where the content is optimized, relevant, regularly updated, growing, dynamic.
- This resource should be updated at least weekly, creating a pattern of constant improvement, pinging the search engines..
- These updates (contextually specific to target the intended audience) should be shared on at least two or three profiles (linked-in, Google+, Facebook), and blogged to groups at linkedin.com, activerain.com, Realtown.com, associatedcontent.com, Uplog.org and/or other sites where contextual links can be built linking back to, and feeding traffic to the original blog from contextually correct category and profile pages, and reaching the intended audience with text, video, audio and/or graphics.
- This constant posting weekly, and then bookmarking the quality posts and videos; optimizing them for search rankings; and spreading them around will cause ever-increasing traffic and rankings.
- These standards will clearly manage a company or a personal online reputation sustainably and indefinitely.
Pricing and fee Splits: we have setup the following standards:
- We feel that the minimum price for such a service should be $100 per month, with a 3 month commitment in order to see real results, and that will sell, and it is selling at uplog.org for the last year.
- We feel that the people selling, ordering up, writing, producing and project managing the work should get a total of 50-60% of the actual advertising dollars spent.
- This leaves 10% for the agency to maintain our infrastructure and the ever-increasing ROAR of all of US, and 30% perform the actual production work (graphs, software setup and maintenance, ad placements in the bullets, free ads categories and maps, etc..) and promote the team at upLog.org
- Because of our size and growth, and ‘the network effect’, the value of the advertising we sell is constantly increasing creating long term clients as the network grows.
- We feel that bloggers should be exclusive to their clients, just like a hit man, or a lawyer, conflicts of interests are not ethical. We are exclusive to our bloggers.
- With these splits, we see bloggers charging between this $100/ month to $1000 depending on the size of the project and time commitment, and the existing social media power of the professional blogger his or herself (there are many of us who are very powerful already – outdoing traditional SEO methods, rendering them useless). Obviously a blogger video blogging the fashion scene in new York City may need to have only 10 or twelve large clients to do the job, requiring and justification of the higher price because of the audience and overhead.
Legitimate professional blogging for a living:
“We believe, at upLog.org, that a meritocracy of independents working with a system of fees and splits is needed to organize a disorganized market.”
Blogging is becoming main-stream and necessary to maintain company branding and reputation, and it is an ever increasing form of advertising that creates higher and higher returns, with a fixed cost – in fact, for more and more of us, it is our only marketing. At the same time, the audience for the content itself is increasing. A blog on Blogger or WordPress or other free blogs will not achieve search rankings; but a WordPress website or other optimized and growing destination website fed by a blog and profiles in this way, where everybody has skin in the game and a reason to take blogging seriously, will create stellar SEO immediately for almost any search, huge qualified traffic, and sales.
A wanted and needed service:
A blogger with an UpLog.org blog ($179 per year) can create instant search rankings and traffic from the roar of all of us for any client, by simply posting weekly and spreading the post around to optimized profiles, which we think they should get at least $60 month for. Some people who are are prolific writers like myself can make great money just posting. 30% of the money is set aside for sales/posting, two things that we think go together. (IE: Th actual blogger must know and be accountable to the client, must know and understand the intended market, and must understand how to use our tools properly to achieve a result for the client. ) Ongoing training must be part of the standard in a market that moves this fast, which we do provide.
A way to get started with low entry costs for the right motivated people:
We provide hosting with c-panel and Fantastico and we think all hosting should have these programs.
Email and Voice Campaigns – newsletters and alerts automated, building an audience intentionally:
We believe that most companies should also have an ever growing email and/or voice campaign to numbers and emails scraped on-going constantly building the size of the opt-in list – this is not spam: it is I-CAN compatible opt-in email like the Web Pro News. We charge $500 to setup and host such a list for one year, and $500 month to promote and build it – we do this, optionally form my list server israelrothman.com – all the mail gets read! Our one year old list is now 111,000 and only one opt-out from the 9th edition of our newsletter!
An uplog.org community news blogger or free ads blogger could feed any number of client business from one niche blog, with nothing but a $179 uplog.org blog that ranks every post in organic search, and a knowledge of the topic, if used properly.
We are training a huge team of very talented people from all over the world, all walks of life, to do what we do for a living: blogging.
My checklist for 2012:
- Start writing the 2012 Rothman guide to Social Media Marketing
- Get the existing 140 bloggers at uplog.org and the 1300 members to realize what I have done right in front of them (2011 Guide) and that they can do it too. Recruit, train, add, one at a time, 1000 city bloggers and 50 state managers at uplog.org
- Get people to understand the value at upLog.org to have an exclusive as one of our team for only $179.00, your own captive audience and niche or location.
- Completely write, rewrite, break down our process into a step by step business opportunity that anyone with a brain can take advantage of anywhere in the world; put any client on top of Google for any search, dominate the social networks on behalf of a client, manage a client reputation
- Pursue ISO9001 Certification to the 2008 Standard – something that nobody has done there is a lot of money on the table.
- Raise more money to invest in advertising upLog.org and making it grow faster and feeding it’s clientele.
- Sell through our team over $,1000,000 in full service advertising at $100 or more per month to local and niche companies who need to manage their reputation and get up to speed online
- Get our multilevel bloggers to realize that if they put their efforts totally into uplog.org, the would make more money for their time, and have a legitimate business and reputation that they can be proud of, with a future, instead of driving off all their friends with one multilevel rip -off bubble after another!
- Make you consider this special offer: buy an uplog.org exclusive for $179 by this Friday, get a $120 per year virtual server hosting account for free for one year to put your destination website(s) on:
- Start getting ready to go public.
That is my list, but I am sure I missed something, your thoughts?