When you type “real estate social media advertising” into Google from anywhere in the world, you would expect to find Mashable.com (one of the largest and oldest tech blogs) and Erica Swallow’s article on the topic. But you probably did not expect to find me on line one number one in the organic results above them – my oldest and least active website. If I was paying a lead generator like Active Rain or Realtor.com or Zillo or somebody like that, I would expect to see them with their hundreds of thousands of agents, wouldn’t you?
The reason that Mashable is there is obvious, a million hits per day, thousands of SEO bloggers….but why me? You will find your answers in this checklist for getting serious this year:
1. This year all of my content will originate from my one strongest internet property – one automated blog website (I recommend self-hosted WordPress)
2. Every post will contain the title in the body – up-to seven key words or tags, linked back to the original post, building a trail back to me.
3. Every link back will be a heading 2, 3, 4 or 5 telling the robots that it is important to the subject of the post and the link target.
4. I will then bookmark and/or re-post these articles in many on-topic groups, categories, etc. religiously to maintain and increase cumulative link authority on the topic.
5. I will optimize every image, profile, video and other Internet resource I maintain similarly, all congruently linked back to the source (see 1 above)
6. I will do this more, and better than my competitors, and it will work for me.