The Problems with Real Estate Lead Generators
I have been telling real estate brokerages for over 11 years that they need to stop buying from lead generators, because they are giving behemoths like Realtor.com the power to buy their marketplace and sell it back to them, all messed up, and populated by their peers!
With PPC advertising, and so many lead generation companies bidding for the words, there is no way to cash flow in that way.
You do not use YP (Yellow Pages) online, and neither do I. It is not hard to understand that, in the changing online world that we live in, paying to be on a page populated by your peers is not only a poor value for your advertising dollars, it perpetuates a P.P.C. (pay-per-click) environment that you cannot win in; this makes organic search for broad real estate terms so competitive (with the very lead generators that you are feeding), that you cannot cash flow the expense.
A new option is available: NEW offering announcement: become your own lead generator:
For years we have struggled with some very basic problems with real estate agents:
- They are lazy.
- They turn over.
- They will not post to a blog in a meaningful way, because they are short sighted.
- They waste their limited advertising budgets on sweet lies, beautiful, invisible websites, and self-flattering fiascoes.
- They buy sweet lies.
- They have no stomach for the truth.
We have always been able to tell them how to get on top of organic search and stay there, and how to engage their visitors: but this required their involvement. What we have learned is that the less we depend on them, the more effective we can be.
The solution: involve the agents as little as possible:
At UpLog.org, in the last 18 months from launch, we have learned a few things:
- Agents would rather pay $300 for three months with us doing everything than $179 per year with them doing anything.
- A community blog is stickier than an “I am a Realtor too” template website.
- A community blog works well for lead capture, and builds a large local Facebook group very quickly
- We can do all the posting to a community blog for them, easily, and well, creating the recognition and traffic.
Now we are offering those of you who have hundreds or thousands of agents our solution: white labeled, in-house:
- You may charge your agents for it: as it is less expensive and more effective than anything they can buy
- Or you can supply it for recruiting and retention, owned by you, passed along to the next agent
- It creates a website property that generates it’s own leads, dominates social networks and organic search
- It is completely in your control, moderated by your personnel and ours, and grows on its own
- We maintain the code base, the software, the hosting on dedicated server all for you
- It is customized and carries your label, has a value of it’s own
- It is launched, and fed by us
- It can generate its own revenue from related advertisers who want to reach the same market, actually cash flow your marketing
- It can build a huge list like ours, and includes our services doing so in a targeted way using Feedburner Mobil-compatible syndication.
- We build it
- We launch it
- We maintain it
- We post to the blogs local news and events
- We create the Facebook groups
- We do the PR under your direction
- We build and maintain the lists, the audience, the software
- All on dedicated servers owned and paid for by you, maintained by us
$2750.00 includes 100 hours of development work at an average cost of $27.50 per house
Special for large brokerages: 15 community and/or niche blogs with ongoing posting and moderation, Facebook and other promotion for one year:
$15000 in advance
This service is paid for with check or wire transfer for down payment. Pricing includes widgets and calls to action, web forms creation, and ongoing training and support for in-house personnel who wish to participate (if any).